Why Hiking with Rinjani Wonders. has been recommended as the best Rinjani Mountain trekking operator service by Tripadvisor as a result of our client’s sincere and positive words. Our company is a locally-based trekking operator which hires local, yet professional and enthusiastic tour guides and porters. We adopt an environment-friendly trekking concept and we continuously promote clean and trekking Rinjani. (Tripadvisor).
When is the best time of the year for Trekking?
The best time for hiking Mount Rinjani starts from April to December each year. Throughout these months, the hiking must be very busy and the peak will be in July and August.
What is included in the hiking packages?
We do want every hiker to have the most exciting and unforgettable hiking. So, we ensure that you will be equipped with the best equipment and supports along the way. Our packages include:
- Transfer to and from ZAM (Lombok) International Airport, or any point around Lombok such as Kuta-Lombok, Lembar Port, Mataram area, Senggigi area or Bangsal to Rinjani Wonders’ Office. Here we will debrief you on your hiking itinerary or any additional gear you might need.
- One night accommodation prior to the trek in your own room. (Rinjani Lodge, Pondok Senaru, Warung Senaru, Sinar Rinjani, Guru Bakti Homestay)
- 3 cooked meals for each day of the hike as well as biscuits, snacks, hot drinks, and fresh fruits. All these will be carried and cooked by our great porters during the hike.
- Tents, mattresses, sleeping bags, pillows, cooking equipment, chairs, blankets, meal tents, and a toilet tent (carried by porters).
- Jackets, a torch, stick, small bags are essential and can be lent from us.
- Gloves are also provided, which you have to pick before the hike
Can I hike in Sneakers or running shoes?
Yes, you can if you feel comfortable with them. But we recommend you wear hiking shoes
Can I hike in Sneakers or running shoes?
Yes, you can if you feel comfortable with them. But we recommend you wear hiking shoes.
Do I have to share a tent with Others?
No, you share the tent yourself or with your partner/ friend/ family. Do let us know beforehand who you would like to be teamed up with. All our tents are 3 man dome tents, suitable for a comfortable sleep during your hike.
Will the porters carry my pack?
Usually, it is the hiker’s responsibility to carry their pack which should not exceed 6 kilos. If you need a porter to carry yours, you should book this in advance (with an additional fee) because each day your guides will also carry additional bottled water and snacks for you. The porters will carry all food, bottled water, extra drinks, camping gear, and cooking equipment.
Is my luggage safe?
Your personal luggage might not necessary to take with you. You only need to bring your personal items (see list below) and your luggage with kept securely at our office.
What to bring for the hike?
- 1-day pack
- 1 pair of underwear for each day hiking
- 1 pair of socks for each day hiking
- 2 short-sleeved shirts
- gym shorts (for walking)
- long leggings (for sleeping and hiking the summit)
- 1 long pair of warm pants**
- 1-2 long-sleeved shirts/ hoodies (depending on how cold you get)**
- 1 head torch**
- ,1 pair of flip flops (to wear at camp)
- 1 bikini or bathers (if you’re going to the hot springs)
- toothbrush & toothpaste
- 1 rain jacket and/or 1 poncho (additionally for heavy rain)
- 1 beanie**
- 2 trekking poles**
- 1 sports bra
- chocolate chip cookies (great to share)
- can of sprite
- facial cream
- emergency toilet paper (essential)
- wet wipes (no shower on the mountain)
- sun hat
- first aid kit/medication
- phone /camera (to take photos).
Do I need a first aid kit?
We recommend you bring on the below details :
- Tiger balm
- effervescent magnesium tablets
- blister band-aids
- strapping tape
- lip balm
- Earplugs (if you are a sensitive sleeper),
- band-aids & first aid cream (always come in handy).
- No need to bring insect repellent as there are barely any mosquitos in Rinjani
Do the guides speak English?
Certainly, all our guides speak fluent English.
Do I have to bring my own water?
Yes you will bring your own water. This will be distributed by your guide before the trek.
Are there toilets on the trail?
No, there is no toilet on Mt Rinjani. But we will provide a toilet tent for you.
What will the weather be like?
The weather can be sunny, cold, and rainy. It can be cloudy on the Savanah or rainy in the forest. So, we suggest you bring a rain jacket.